What a difference two weeks make. Today was the last day of Grace's second 2-week swim session. Parents are invited to sit in during class to see what has been learned. Two weeks ago at the last swim show Grace cried just about the whole time (mainly because I was in there - it took her about a week and a half to just go to class without crying because I was leaving). This week (week 4 of swimming) was the one that she turned the corner on. Now she loves swim class. And she was AWESOME in class today.
Grace will put her head underwater for up to 10 seconds. She will put her arms out in front of her and "swim", though her feet are still running along the bottom of the pool. All she needs to do is lift those feet up just once and there will be no turning back. She's not hot on jumping into the pool, but I'm hoping that will come over the next two weeks. Since she did so great this week we decided to sign her up for one more session - we'd hate for her to lose her momentum.
I'm so proud of my big girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment