So here is the conversation Grace and I had while pulling into the parking lot as I was taking her to school yesterday:
G: Mom, can I wear REAL makeup?
J: What?
G: Real makeup, Mom. Will I get to wear real makeup?
J: What? I don't know what you are talking about. What do you mean?
G: (Getting very frustrated and angry that I can't instantly understand her). REAL makeup, Mom. For the makeup day - real makeup.
Apparently we've never had a make-up day at school before, and I'd been telling her how she was going to school on Friday this week because of the "makeup day". So I felt a little bad having to dash her dreams (she loves wearing makeup) and telling her that it actually was just an extra day of school because we'd be missing one at the end of the summer.
Maybe I'll let her put on a little eyeshadow tomorrow. That will make her makeup day a truly exciting event - at least in the mind of a 4-year old.
2 comments:
I had to "chuckle" truly,..ha ha.
what if I wanted to be a flower girl... I'm her granddaughter!
Post a Comment