Today was quite different. Still busy - work was crazy this morning. Plus when we left school at noon, I had to go get into the safe deposit box which ended up being an ordeal because the bank has switched over to this futuristic hand-scanning system to eventually eliminate the need for 70-something year old Betty who used to have to let you in to open the box. They had to get our account up to speed with the new system, which took much longer than I expected it to with two kids once again in tow. So I treated the kids to Happy Meals, eaten on the picnic table on the deck in the beautiful 70 degree weather we had today. And other than Alex's freak out this morning, there were no major tantrums from either kid.
Maybe it was the weather that kept me calm today. With apologies to the Ohio Kennemers dealing with frigid temperatures, it was pretty much a perfect day today. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same. We have no school, so I've got three of Gracie's friends coming over to play and I'm planning on them spending most of their time in the backyard.
On one last (totally unrelated) note, Grace had to create more "No Alex" signs for her bedroom door to keep her brother out. They crack me up, so I figured I'd share them here.

This one shows frowning Alex next to Grace.


No comments:
Post a Comment