That's what Jim and I sighed upon finally crawling into bed this evening. We had Gracie's "Outer Space" birthday party today, and I think it ended up going over pretty well. The weather gods smiled down on us (for the most part). We got a big shower - 3/4 of an inch in about 15 minutes - but it was close to the end of the party. We had just finished cake and ice cream, so we scooted the kids inside. After 5 minutes or so we realized Grace could open her presents (we were originally going to just do that after everyone left), and everyone was happy.
We had a big ol' bounce house, that excited Alex to no end when the guy set it up today. And kept about 14 kids happily occupied for a couple hours.
I realized that I had the same feeling after this party that I did after having a wedding. I know it happened, but I was so busy the entire time I'm not exactly sure what all happened. Maybe that is why I actually enjoy (to a point) other kid's birthday parties I go to. For the most part I can sit back and watch someone else run around, even if I pitch in and help.
Hopefully pictures to come tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment