Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Daytime TV

Once Grace got past the nursing-all-day stage I really quit watching daytime TV as a stay-at-home mom (except for kids TV, of course). Today I flipped on the noon news because every once in a while I like to watch it, and I couldn't believe one of the ads I saw. Between Brian Loncar attorney ads (the TOUGH Texas Hammer!) and Devry-type ads, I saw an ad for Texas Car Title & Payday Loans. Yes, if you own your car you too can get some instant cash, and still drive your car (provided you pay that loan back on time). It just doesn't seem legal to me. And since it is apparently legal, it seems like just a REALLY bad idea. But I guess there are people out there desperate (or stupid) enough to give that company enough business to run daytime TV ads.

No comments: