Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Another kitchen tip

You gotta love the Internet. As I struggled with two plastic tumblers that were completely stuck together - pulling as hard as I could didn't make them budge - I thought "let's google it."

Sure enough, a very easy remedy to this involves science in the kitchen. Cold makes things contract; heat makes them expand. So the inside tumbler gets filled with ice, then the outside one is dipped in warm water. Sure enough, they slipped right apart.

Now it should be noted that I tried just running hot water over the outside one, but didn't see any results until I actually dipped the outside one in my stock pot filled with hot water.

Now I'm sure I'll hear a collective "duh" on this tip, but I certainly didn't think of it, even though it is obvious once you hear it. Just hoping to make everyone's lives a little easier!

2 comments:

Christi (Hutchins) Dick said...

My goodness. Isn't that clever. You were lucky to have a pot of hot water at hand.

Dijea said...

I would have just dumped them. You are good.