My beautiful 7-year-old girl.
About to blow out the candles. Look close and you can see where my homemade cake cratered after icing (I don't normally make two-layer cakes; I'm not sure what happened). Once I stuck all those mini-Oreos on it the kids didn't care one bit. And Grace really wanted the big number 7 candle this year - that stuck on too early may have been the cause of the crater now that I think about it.
Alex ate his cake and ice cream in the back room. Not only did he not want to be near all the giggling girls, he also refused to eat his cake on a Hannah Montana plate or use a Hannah napkin. I've got a girl-classmate's birthday party to take him to this Friday and I'm thinking I will need to stash a plain paper plate and napkin in my purse for it.I missed having our big party in the backyard with all our family and friends, but I must admit this year was much easier on me. But I am so happy we had Bonnie here to help out. Even with a small party it is nice to have at least one other family member helping out!
2 comments:
You're right, she is beautiful. That's a great picture. And go Alex-way to hold your ground!
She is growing up so fast and so beautiful.
Post a Comment