Friday, March 19, 2010

Lady Liberty trip

Kathy and family were up here for Spring Break. Second year in a row for them to come visit, just as fun as last time! I let the kids play hooky from school yesterday and we all went out to see the Statue of Liberty. We started at Liberty State Park in New Jersey (you can also start from NYC). You take a round-trip ferry trip from there, going first to Ellis Island and then to Liberty Island.


Cousins with an amazing backdrop (unfortunately the one I got with all the kids smiling had the Empire State Building partially obscured behind Alex's head). This is from the ferry landing at Liberty State Park.


Alex gets lots of holding (hugs?) from cousins when they are in town.


Ferry ride to Ellis Island.


Rest of our crew.


Two little buddies enjoying lunch together.


Look at this sweet face! Laughing at funny Uncle David.


I think this is where the kids had the most fun. Playing imaginary tree houses on Ellis Island.


Ellis Island as we are ferrying away.


I was informed as Alex was looking at this picture with me that they were watching the boat "toot". Apparently that is what all the bubbles coming out the back of the ferry looked like.

I've now got a 5-year-old breathing down my neck for a chance on the computer, so more pictures tomorrow.

No comments: