Thursday, June 28, 2012

A little more done

We have drywall!  And floors! And lights!

Actually the drywall and lights we've had for a while, but I haven't posted the pics yet. The floor is just finished.


 Drywall on one side of the kitchen.


 And the other.  The wall to the right of the door will have a brand new set of cabinets - we will end up with a U-shaped counter vs. the L-shaped one we previously had.


 Our new tile floor that I love love love!  Looks like slate but is actually porcelain ceramic tiles.


The newly tiled bathroom.  The floor ended up looking a little more "wow" than we thought.  I figure it will just keep people from hanging out in there too long.

 
 Close up of the bathroom tile.  Now that we see it, we wish we'd actually gone with a light gray grout. The individual tiles would have been better defined.


And a shot of some of our new can lights in the ceiling (plus the new duct for the stove vent on the right).  We are going from having just four weird non-matching pendant lights to seven can lights, plus two mini one that will be over the window, plus awesome under-cabinet lighting.  I'll actually be able to see what I'm doing!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love that floor!!!!!!