I think I've said it before, but I love Pinterest. Maybe I just like the idea of Pinterest, because I realized I haven't actually tried many of the items I've found there. So I've resolved to start making myself actually attempt things from it, hopefully at least once a week.
First thing I tried (quite a while back) were the mini cinnamon rolls.
These were pretty good, though I seemed to be the only one in my family that liked them much. Made with crescent rolls, I think my family just prefers the regular out-of-a-can rolls. So not to be made again since the last thing I need is to eat an entire mini muffin pan worth of cinnamon rolls by myself.
Next recipe (that I tried last week) was Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Peas.
VERY tasty - and very easy. It is now part of our dinner recipe rotation - I highly recommend it.
Last night I tried Chicken and Asparagus Penne.
The description said "quick and easy - yum!". Well, it was quick and easy, but not quite "yum." More like "meh." Very, very bland, which I somewhat expected when I saw the recipe included no seasonings. It was a slight variation on a recipe the blogger had seen in a book, so I added the parsley the original recipe had, plus salt and pepper to the chicken when cooking, but it still didn't merit much of a response from my family. So this one is NOT part of the dinner rotation.
I've pinned a lot of craft ideas, some for me to try, some to do with my kids and some for my Girl Scout troop. Of course I've only tried one, but it was a resounding success. Balloon bracelets.
Grace had bought one of these from one of the boutiques downtown, and when I saw the website on how to make them yourself I was struck by how easy it would be. So I purchased a bunch of balloons and some elastic and the girls at Grace's birthday sleepover went to town, each making multiple bracelets. I need to remember to look back over the craft ideas periodically, because I tend to forget about things I've pinned and when I see them again I think "Wow, what a great idea!"
For what it's worth, I've found websites that have debunked the "make glowing paint out of Mountain Dew" idea.
Which is too bad because it would have been pretty cool if it actually worked. But it doesn't, so the pin is getting deleted.
So that's my Pinterest update for now. Hopefully blogging about Pinterest ideas will actually make me do them. I feel very creative when I pin things, but I've realized I'm not more creative if they only sit on a website waiting on me.




No comments:
Post a Comment