Friday, April 06, 2007

A Little Spring Color

So the Spring rains have finally come, bringing a little bit of color to the yard. Of course, I need to do some shopping at the garden center to add a little more color. Maybe once this freaky cold front passes through this weekend I'll get around to a little yard work.


My irises FINALLY started blooming. Seems like it was at least a week or two later than everyone else's irises in the neighborhood.


A lot more about to bloom within the next week.


Other than my four blue Dutch irises (which I didn't get a picture of), all the irises that have bloomed are yellow ones. Except for this one amazing white one. I love it. I guess my purple ones are gone - I haven't seen them bloom for a couple of years.


Neat blue berries on the leatherleaf mahonia. The poor birds don't have much of a chance at getting these; the kids have too much fun picking them off for whatever imaginary games go on in the back yard.


Neat little birdhouse Jim made and painted with Grace.


Grace next to the rosemary that is ready to be finally planted in the ground. This was originally the little rosemary Christmas tree we had on the table year before last. I can't wait to see how it takes off once it is actually in the ground. Don't know about this pose Grace is doing. Showing off the little super soaker Jim bought her. Kind of like a weird NRA-lite photo.

No comments: