Saturday, April 07, 2007

(Rolling eyes here)

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw THIS on the road today:


Jim and I have joked about trucks getting bigger and bigger, and that it wouldn't be long before someone started driving an 18-wheeler as a truck. Well, it has actually happened, at least on a small scale. I saw this stupid thing rounding the corner on Mockingbird as I was coming out of the grocery store parking lot, and wondered what this small 18-wheeler cab was doing turning off of Abrams. Then I realized it was a TRUCK. Most likely some idiot Dallasite trying to one-up his neighbor's Hummer.

I always wonder if the driver of big behemoth vehicles like this convince themselves that I am gazing in admiration at them when they drive by. When in reality I'm usually staring in disbelief, trying to not greet them with a single-finger salute (mainly so my kids won't pick that little bad habit).

NOBODY needs this ridiculous auto. I don't care how much stuff you tell me you need to haul. Maybe they will add some big old gas tax, which will hopefully hit this moron in the pocketbook. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

obscene