So I'm only about 2 weeks behind in posting these.
We had a fun Halloween this year. Went and celebrated over in the M Streets with our friends Jay and Maja and their kids Sydney and Bella (one of Grace's best friends). It was so much fun to watch the trick-or-treating because Grace and Bella are now old enough to go up and knock on the door by themselves while we just stood back on the sidewalk and waited. Poor Alex was strapped in the stroller the whole time - no candy for him. I think this may be Grace's favorite holiday. She just about runs from house to house ("COME ON Bella, let's go to the next house").
I made their costumes this year, which kind of surprised me since I'm usually not crafty at all when it comes to Halloween stuff. But Grace was Boo from Monster's Inc - originally put together for a costume birthday party we went to last March. And she decided that Alex needed to be Mike Wazowski from the same movie. He's the little round green guy with one eye. Much to Jim's dismay I had to put Alex in tights for his costume, but I just couldn't find any green pants in his size to use instead.
Also Grace discovered Junior Mints, her new favorite candy. She walked away from her final house with her hand cupped over her nose. I thought she'd smelled something stinky, but she was holding that little white box up against her nose breathing in the minty fresh scent. She continued that once we got home, holding each one up to her nose taking a deep sniff before putting it in her mouth. Heaven to a 3 year old, I guess.
1 comment:
Well, I think you 'nailed' it with the costumes, good job! Thanks for the reference pic. That sealed it for me.
Wishing you all Well. bt
Post a Comment