Monday, November 21, 2005

Very Sad


I didn't know him personally, but knew his voice. My favorite talk show host on KERA-FM died yesterday morning. Glenn Mitchell was the best at making just about anyone seem interesting. And the Friday "Anything you ever wanted to know" show - people call in with a question about anything and if Glenn couldn't answer it then rest assured some caller would be able to - was the most entertaining thing on the airwaves.

Here's the story from the Dallas Morning news. And here's the obit from the KERA website.

He will be sorely missed. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ibt365, aka brian said...

I hadn't heard,....and got chills as I read y0ur ENTRY,...
I've strayed to silence for sometime, not having listened to much of anything lately. There was a time in the not too distant past, that he was "caught" often.

Again, much has been lost, to many.
no more words......

Kim said...

I woke up yesterday and realized my days will never be the same. His show was the bright spot in my work day. Every day, without fail, I learned something from his show. He was such a smart, but down-to-earth and funny guy.

I'll miss him, and the entire DFW area has lost a treasure.